WiFi drops when phone calls are answered

Closed
ultrametroid Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2012 - Aug 4, 2012 at 04:53 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Hello,

So my issue is when my house phone is answered the WiFi on my router will drop for all wireless devices connected to it. Then the WiFi will come back about 30 seconds later during the call and then drop out again once the call has been ended. These phones are not wireless either they're just standard wired phones which are about years 15 old. Also the internet remains on the desktop which is connected to the router through a network cable.

Thanks for any help and sorry if put this in the wrong forum section.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 10, 2012 at 03:11 PM
Hello,

The problem is simply because both is using the same frequencies. They are on the same channel as the wireless router and of course there's a solution to it.

It will not be about changing the router because they are quite different.

Check on Google whether you have the possibility to change the channel on your modem or simply get another phone with a different frequency for not messing up with the modem and also it may be time consuming.

Take care.
ultrametroid Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2012
Aug 12, 2012 at 04:36 AM
Hmm OK but surely this would have happened when I got the phones or router but I've had both for years and it only started about 6 months ago. Also I thought that the frequency issue was to do with wireless land lines not wired ones.
Blocked Profile
Aug 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Have you at least tried with another phone please?