My PC is not booting

Closed
Saibal Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2012 - Aug 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Aug 7, 2012 at 05:05 AM
Hello,
I have a configuration of Atom CPU. with 2 GB RAM and Window XP as OS. When I try to start the PC, its logo screen appears, try to boot but restart again automatically. I tried to boot it from XP cd but no improvement. Prior to that I replaced my RAM and CPU Fan as both were not working. Please do help me.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 5, 2012 at 02:19 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) If you have placed the CPU FAN without removing the old thermal compound

and applying a new one on the processor then remove the old thermal compound

from the processor and make sure that your CPU FAN is also clean without any

old thermal compound.

Now freshly apply some thermal compound in the middle of processor and

fix the CPU FAN properly.

2) Remove the RAM from the slot and place it back properly or try another slot.

Check you RAM also. Even bad RAM will result you in such problems.

Good Luck
1) Atom CPU's fan configuration is a bit bit different. unlike other CPU it is not directly make any physical contact with CPU and it is placed in a seperate groov in stead. So, fan can be removed without touching CPU. Till I will try to replace the old thermal compount.

2) The RAM i have already replaced with a new one but no result.

Anything else to check?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
First check if you are able to boot into BIOS. Load the default settings and exit from the BIOS.
If the problem still exists then
1) Try to apply a new thermal compound to the processor. Make sure you have removed the old thermal compound from the heat sink and processor. You need to be careful.
2) Check your RAM. Sometime you get ended up getting a defective RAM. Let me know your RAM manufacture name. Is it Hynix ?
Good Luck
My new RAM is of Transcend which I believe produces stanard item. Regarding the removal of old thermal compound till I have a prejudice which I mentioned at my first comment. However I may be wrong and so I decided to follow your advice. BIOS part I have all ready gone through but found no result.
Thanks and regards.
Aug 7, 2012 at 05:05 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Make sure you have the correct RAM. If the problem still exists then check the SMPS.
Good Luck