Hp pavillion dv4 entertainment pc windows 7

Closed
trmartello Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 10, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2012 - Aug 10, 2012 at 02:30 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 11, 2012 at 01:52 PM
Hello,

My HP pavilion dv4 entertainment PC running windows 7 has a black screen. I hear everything running and the lights come on but it has a black screen. The lights by the number lock and the caps lock blink once and then there's a short pause and it blinks again.

Before this happened I was running off a full charged battery and it died in less then 10 minutes. I plugged it in and it booted up fine. I had noticed my browser had changed to my start page, sponsored by incredibar. I looked it up and found a suggestion to rid my PC of it. I turned the PC off and pressed f8 when I powered on. All I got was the black screen. Please help.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 11, 2012 at 01:52 PM
Hello,

The first thing that you need to do is confirming whether the trouble is being caused by the monitor itself, signal going to the monitor or other hardware.

You must first check whether there's proper power supply to the monitor. If you don't have necessary materials or knowledge, it will be wiser to send it to a computer repair shop.

The next thing to check is whether the monitor is receiving signals. For this, you may use connect the laptop to an external monitor.

If there is no problem upon these, then there's great possibility that the problem is actually coming from other hardware.

Please check it out and hit back so that we get to help you further. I will also advise to try another battery on the laptop.

Thanks in advance.