HP G62 screen fail...

Closed
DJRedeye Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2012 - Aug 28, 2012 at 04:23 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 28, 2012 at 01:25 PM
Hi, my girlfriend is having problems with her laptop screen.. have seen similar problems reported on this site but this one is a bit different. The machine was left on last night and overheated, not for the first time, but when trying to boot it up this morning the fan activated briefly, but the screen does not back-light and remains blank. I have tried entering safe mode from the startup, but this did not have any visible affect. I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 28, 2012 at 01:25 PM
Hello,

There are two different possibilities. The first one is that there is a trouble with the hardware causing the fan not to work properly and this is the situation, you will need to have it sent to a Repair Shop to be set right.

It may also be an issue about the BIOS. I think that you should be able to go to the Windows Desktop. It may be that installing the lasted BIOS may fix the issue.

Also consider using an additional cooling system for your laptop otherwise it will cause further damage to it.

Thanks in advance.