Windows Xp installation in Hp dv 6830

Closed
khalid - Feb 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Hello,
Dear Sir,
I bought a laptop computer with the following details:
HP dv 6830us entertainment
S/N: CNF8120984
P/N: KN946UA#ABA
Service tag: dv 6830 us

Windows vista is the initial operating system in the mentioned system. Now I want to install windows XP in the system. When I am installing the windows I face some problems such as the following:
Well come to setup
This partition of the setup program prepares Microsoft ® windows ® XP to rune on your computer:
� Te set up windows XP now press ENTER
� To repair your windows xp installation using recovery console press R
� To quite press F3
When I press the ENTER button:

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk ' related hardware configuration running a manufactures ' supplied. Diagnostic or setup program.
Setup cannot continuo. To quit setup press F3.

How is possible to install windows xp the system, please help me.
Khalid
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Search this forum for more info. There are nearly 100 posts that may help you. There is the initial problem with the SATA Hard disk not be recognized by XP and then you will have problems finding hardware drivers. HP does not supply Windows XP drivers for these computers. Good Luck you will need it