Lost Pictures/System Restore

Closed
Babbs1824 Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2009 - Feb 10, 2009 at 10:04 AM
bluemountain Posts 64 Registration date Wednesday December 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2011 - Feb 10, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Hello,
My husband hit F10 on our HP. This caused the system to delete all of our pricutres, , documents, saved files, etc. Is it possible to get any of these back??? A friend of mine works on computers and had a few programs available to run to see if any of the pciutres could be retrieved. After he did a system restore, he was able to recover some but not all of the pictures! It looks like all of the pictures are still there (in files), but they cannot be opened/viewed! Some of the messages I receive when trying to open the picutres are:

Windows cannot open this file: choose a program to open it.
It opens in Microsoft Picture Viewer and says 'no preview available'

A bunch of pictures were downloaded and saved on the same day, but I can only view some of them! There are some really old ones that I can view and some newer ones, but there are some in between that cannot be viewed!

I don't care about anything but the pictures! Is there a way to retrieve these...any programs I can buy or places I can take it in to?

Any suggestions or comments would help! Thank you!
Related:

1 response

bluemountain Posts 64 Registration date Wednesday December 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2011 80
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Try Software Recover My Files Ver 3.95.. It is advance data recovery Software... But if you Defragmented your Drive it is difficult to Restore.. But Try it Hope it will Work.....
Regards