Create a DBR - Database Reporting tool for a list of exceptions!

Closed
shanx.gr Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2012 - Nov 18, 2012 at 06:31 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Hello,

I am new to VB programming. I need your help to make a DBR - Data base Reporting tool for the back end process at work which could be also linked to ms access for the database. Please guide me or if there is already one, can someone send it to me so that i work on it... Please help it's urgent!!!

Regards,

Shanx
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Hi Shanx,

I can try helping you with this if you can reply with the structure of your database (MS Access) and the front end application requirements.

Please do write back to us.
shanx.gr Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2012 1
Nov 20, 2012 at 06:44 PM
Hi Zohaib,

I want to create a tool using macro and access as a database. This tool should collate all the data entered by different users and store it in the database. There are arround 200 exceptions on which the work(volumes) comes. There are 90 agents who work on those volumes and should enter the data in this tool to finally pull up the end od day report so as to how many volumes did the agent processed in that day.

This tool should also calculate the login hours of the particular agent(Total 9 hrs in a day) and their break time(2 fifteen minutes break and an half an hour break ie a total of 1 hr out of 9 hrs). Every users should have an unique login ID to access this tool. We work on a remote based citrix server so have a restrictions on most of the applications however excel is still the best and if this tool can be made using VB programming it could reduce a lot of manual work in regards to reporting and save a lot of time. If you want more details i can send you some more information along with some attachments via email, just send me a test mail.

Regards,

Shanx
Email: <gras>deleted by your friendly neighbourhood moderator.</gras>(Charter: Kioskea was developed... for sharing information..)
All questions and answers must remain within the forum. We also wish
to protect your security and confidential information.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 22, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Hi shanx.gr,

Well, using Excel VBA to create a user form to enter data is a great idea. However, it has the problem of Concurrent Multiuser Access which means many people cannot use the same excel sheet at the same time. While one person is working on a sheet other cannot work on it. Rather I would suggest you to make a user form using a programming language such as Visual Basic which has coding similar to Excel VBA. Reply if you need help on how to design such a form.

Please do write back to us.
Hi Zohaib,

Thanks again for replying...

Yes please help me in regards to designing the forms using Visual Basic programming. I will require a lot of help from you, i don't know if i am asking much because to be honest i am new to VB and am still learning so i hope you understand.

Regards,

Gautam

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Nov 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Hi Gautam,

Sorry for the delayed response. No Problem, to begin with you can go through the below mentioned links. They have details on how to create a data entry forms:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/examples-of-microsoft-access-data-entry-forms-switchboards-and-dialog-boxes-HA001034548.aspx

For a more robust model you can try Microsoft Visual Basic, you might find the below mentioned link helpful in this regards:

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/

Please revert for clarification.