LOST FILES

Closed
Justcamz Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 24, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2012 - Nov 24, 2012 at 02:33 PM
iqbal88 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2013 - Nov 29, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Hello,

I recently had to do a system restore, after which my user accounts were reset. Now all my media files, music, and documents are missing or hidden. I know they're there, because when I check the storage diagram in my hard drive's preferences menu it shows that the same amount of storage space is being used. If the files had been erased there would be more empty space. I use my computer for work and I had mostly media files on it - mostly pictures. There is a lot of art on my computer (about 60%) and I really need it. I don't want to reformat my hard drive. I don't know if it has been hidden because the user account was deleted. I've done wildcard searches but the files don't even show up. Even in DOS mode I can't find the files. Someone mentioned on Yahoo Answers that there is a hidden directory, but I don't know anything about that or where to begin with it. I ran the Windows XP Media Center because I thought it was because of the user account being reset that this has happened. Now I can't find those files because I don't have privileges. I need the art work and other important documents, as well as personal pictures that mean a lot to me.

I am using Samsung RV510 laptop with windows 7 home basic...Please help me
Related:

1 response

iqbal88 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2013
Nov 29, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Hi, How you done system restore? Is it Laptop by default recovery mode or Windows 7 Disc?

I think, when you tried to system restore by default, it must allow you to Backup your Important files, documents etc.
Did you skip the step during your System Recovery mode??

Try this tutorial
https://ccm.net/faq/5347-lost-documents-and-media-files-after-system-restore