Screen turns dark after boot

Closed
Thatpcgonebad Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 12, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 12, 2012 - Dec 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM
DavidStanely5 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2012 - Dec 19, 2012 at 09:06 AM
Hello, my media center pc m84305 has a screen problem and that is that it when I start it up looks normal for a few seconds then turns like it shut off but the light on the power up still is on and still gives off sound and I tried turning the screen button off and on again but it turned on for a few seconds then turms screwy again, I would love any help thx
Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Hi,

The symptoms you have mentioned are likely to be a problem with the Windows Operating System or the LCD screen itself. Also a faulty video card can cause the problem. Try the below mentioned steps:

1. Power on/Restart the computer.
2. Start tapping the F8 key.
3. When the Advanced Boot Menu appears, select "Safe Mode".
4. Wait for the computer to boot to Windows screen.
5. Once the computer boots to Windows wait for the issue to duplicate.
6. If the problem does not repeat in the "Safe Mode", it indicates the problem is with the Windows Operating System or the Video Driver.
7. Try uninstalling and then installing the Video Card Drivers for your machine.
8. If the issue exists in Safe Mode, restart the computer and go to the BIOS.
9. Stay in the BIOS and see if the problem repeats again.
10. If the problem repeats in BIOS then take a technician's help or by yourself try to reseat the LCD cables (Note: This will require you to open the laptop chassis, disconnect all the power connections including battery before opening the chassis. Also remove any external equipment connected to the computer. After removing the power sources press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to release any flea power in the machine).
11. If the problem still exists connect an external monitor/TV to the computer and check if the video stays on.
12. If the problem happens on the external monitor as well this indicates a faulty video chip, this will require you to replace the Motherboard or the Graphics Card (if any).
13. If the problem doesn't happen on an external monitor but on the screen in BIOS, you need to replace the LCD screen.

Please revert for clarification.
DavidStanely5 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2012 6
Dec 19, 2012 at 09:06 AM
Follow these steps:

Re-install your video driver
Check for registry issues
Start the computer in safe mode and run System Restore

Removing the graphics driver in safe mode might work for you. Just remove it via Device manager.
If problem still persists then use some PC optimization tool like Reginout to avoid such problems in future.