How can I lock the column in excel

Closed
BSS Hakim Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2012 - Dec 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Hello,

If I have a table or Excel sheet and I made a function in a cell A2 and drag this function to be coped in all column A and finally I want to lock this column to prevent any other users to edit or change my function in Column A, so that, the other users is allowed only to enter data to other table column except A and A is reserved for calculate the result only . so what can I do .
Thanks and with my regards .
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Hi BSS Hakim,

Follow the steps below to lock the cells in Column A:

1. Select all of the rows and columns in your sheet. Right-click on top left of the sheet then select "Format Cells" from the popup menu.
2. When the Format Cells window appears, select the Protection tab. Uncheck the "Locked" checkbox. Click on the OK button.
3. Next, select the cell(s) that you wish to protect. Right-click and then select "Format Cells" from the popup menu.
4. When the Format Cells window appears, select the Protection tab. Check the "Locked" checkbox. Click the OK button.
5. For the locking of the cells to take effect, you must also protect the worksheet. To do this, select the Review tab from the toolbar at the top of the screen. Then click on Protect Sheet button.
6. A "Protect Sheet" window will appear. You may enter a password to protect the sheet if you wish. The password is optional. Click on the OK button.

Note: I have tried these steps in Microsoft Excel 2010. If you have any other version of Microsoft Excel, please reply with the Version of Microsoft Excel in your computer.

Please revert for clarification.