Are you finding that the Caps Lock function of your keyboard has been reversed, and instead of typing a capital letter when engaged, instead it produces lower case letters? Luckily, this problem can be fixed easily, and in this article we will show you several possible solutions.
How to fix reversed Caps Lock button on Windows via Microsoft Word?
- Go into Microsoft Word and type "tHANKS"
- it will autocorrect it back to "Thanks"
- Your keyboard should now be in sync with your monitor.
How to fix reversed Caps Lock using Control Panel on Windows PC?
Check that the shift keys didn't get stuck.
- Click on Start --> Control Panel --> Ease of Access --> Ease of Access Centre --> Make the keyboard easier to use.
- Under "Make it easier to type", uncheck all the options --> Click on "OK" button.
How to fix reversed Caps Lock via a shortcut on Windows?
The Caps Lock function can also be reversed by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Caps Lock. You can revert it to normal by pressing this combination of keys again.
How to fix reversed Caps Lock key with Shift key on Windows?
As the problem can occur when the keyboard has been unplugged with Caps Lock on, you can reverse this by pressing the shift key and then unplugging the keyboard once again. The keyboard should now function as expected with the Caps Lock key giving capital letters.
How to fix reversed Caps Lock button on Mac?
Go to System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > Keyboard > Modifer Keys and reset the options to default.
- Caps lock reversed
- Why is my caps lock reversed
- My caps lock is reversed
- Hp laptop caps lock blinking continuously no display [solved] > Forum - Windows
- Lenovo esc f1 f4 caps lock flashing [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- Dell caps lock light always on no display > Forum - Laptop
- Lenova Thinkpad X240 won't turn on if you push the push button [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- Laptop on but no display and Caps Lock light flashing > Forum - Windows
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: on Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- Backslash on Mac: UK, German, French, AZERTY keyboards
- Mac numpad: keyboard, shortcuts, emulator
- Type accented uppercase letters: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Backspace not working in Word: 365, 2016
- Acer function keys not working Windows 10
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- How to change keyboard language on Acer laptop