HP PV6 graphics problem

Closed
smf412 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2013 - Feb 5, 2013 at 02:47 PM
nhatnamyester Posts 9 Registration date Saturday December 8, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2013 - Feb 6, 2013 at 08:39 AM
Hello,

Every laptop my son has had always seems to run very hot and bit by bit they all start packing up. This one has lasted longer than most but now he says it won't run videos full screen on anything higher than 480p which sounds to me like the gpu is failing. I've seen a solution about placing the laptop on a blanket until it overheats to reheat the solder on the gpu but having had laptops that started to shut down regularly once they were overheating I'm loathe to try this. Can anyone tell me if there's something else that might be the problem or might solve the problem? Thanks. I don't really want to have to replace it for him as he needs a decent working machine for his uni course.
Related:

3 responses

nhatnamyester Posts 9 Registration date Saturday December 8, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Drivers' software in Laptop your son was failed. There is only way going to HP Center to download exactly label of machine his laptop. If it is not solved, finally maybe you should re-setup Windows. On other hand, there are some online softwares to check all drivers within the laptop. Hope this is useful for you!
smf412 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 at 04:24 AM
we've rerun setup several times but makes no difference. I'm fairly sure it's a hardware issue rather than drivers but thanks.
nhatnamyester Posts 9 Registration date Saturday December 8, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 at 08:39 AM
Do you format clean the hard disk before running setup?

Have you ever test all hardware in your laptop? Click right-mouse into "my computer"> properties > hardware >device manager. Here, you can see the entire of column of hardware what in your laptop having...If something has unusual sign for exclamation. I still think it's graphics card device not on the manufacturer's software!