I cant type!!!!

Closed
lovecake Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2013 - Feb 6, 2013 at 08:22 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Hello,

my keyboard just stoped working when i was typing i changed the keyboard but it still didn't work please help me im using the on screen keyboard but my computer goes slower i really like to use my keyboard so please help me!
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Hi lovecake,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if this fixes the issue:

1. Boot the system to a DOS prompt (Click Start type cmd in Run) to test the keyboard.
2. If the keyboard works fine on DOS Prompt, reinstall the keyboard driver, if there is keyboard driver for the keyboard.
3. Check the Accessibility Options (Click Start All Programs>Accessories>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard) in the Control Panel (options on Keyboard tab should be unchecked).
4. Test the keyboard functionality in Safe Mode (hit F8 when the computer starts and select Safe Mode).
5. If the keyboard works in the Safe Mode, restore the operating system to an earlier date (Click Start All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore).

Do reply with results.