Although the number π ( pi ) is a constant widely used in mathematics, physics, and other disciplines, there is no physical or virtual keyboard key that allows you to type the symbol directly. In this article, we will explain to you how to write the pi number in Excel, Word, on Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS devices.
How to enter the π (pi) symbol in Windows?
Regardless of the version of Windows you use, press the Windows + R keys, type charmap, and press Enter. The Character Map window will appear. In Search, type pi in the box and click Search. Select it, and click the Select button. Place the cursor where you want to paste it and press Ctrl + V.
How to add the π (pi) symbol with the keyboard on Mac?
Press the option key and, without releasing it, press the P key. Release both keys and the pi symbol will appear.
How to enter the π (pi) symbol in a Word document?
In a Word document, go to the Insert tab, and click Symbol > More symbols. In the window that opens, look for the pi symbol, select it, and click the Insert button.
How to enter the π (pi) symbol in Excel?
In an Excel document, hold down the ALT key and type 227. Then release the ALT key, and the symbol "π" will be inserted in the cell.
How to type the π (pi) symbol on Android and iOS?
Open the web browser on your smartphone or tablet, and type pi in the search bar. In the list of results, open one of the pages containing the pi symbol in your text. Copy and paste it wherever you want to use it.
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix? > Guide
- Where is the hash key located? [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- How do I insert the the hash # character on the keyboard [solved] > Forum - Keyboard
- Enter The At Sign (@) on a MacBook Pro
- PlayStation network sign-in failed. NAT type failed. [solved] > Forum - PS3/PS4
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- Write the At symbol (@) on laptop keyboard: Windows and Mac