Hp laptop

Closed
ant44 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2013 - Feb 12, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Hello, im not good with laptops but my HP laptop comes on but no pitcher my back light is on . #2 I tride to connect with another monitor but no go Help pls

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Hi ant44,

Try these simple steps and check if this makes any difference:

1. Remove AC Adapter and battery from the computer.
2. Remove any External peripherals from the machine.
3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
4. Re-connect the AC Adapter only and try to power on the computer.
5. Check if any difference is observed.
6. Now check the Video on external Monitor.
7. If video is displayed on the external monitor and no video on the Notebook LCD, this indicates an issue with the Notebook LCD or the LCD cable.
8. Take a technician's help and try to reseat the LCD Cable. Refer to the Service Manual for detailed steps on how to reseat the LCD Cable.
9. If the Video is not available on external monitor as well this indicates a failure with the Video Chip on the motherboard.

Note: Some of the steps above require you to reseat the components by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.

Do reply with results.