Won't Complete Installation

Closed
leocsil2011 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 18, 2013 - Feb 13, 2013 at 09:11 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 20, 2013 at 08:23 AM
Hello,

I have a Sony laptop that does not allow me to complete installation of windows vista. I did not make a copy of a recovery disk, so I decide to format my lap to factory settings. Know I have the problem of not being able to complete installation. Get message, " Windows not able to complete installation. To install Windows in this equipment, restart your installation. Need Help . Thank You

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 15, 2013 at 06:52 AM
Hi leocsil2011,

A little clarification will help here. I would like to find a solution for the problem if you can reply with a few more details. At what point of installation you are getting this error message? If you are trying to do a System Recovery, please check if the Recovery Partition on the computer is intact (not deleted or formatted). Are you using the original OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) disc from Sony for doing the Operating System Installation? If you are using OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) disc from any other manufacturer it might not allow you to install in other manufacturer PCs.

Please do write back to us.
leocsil2011 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 at 05:22 PM
Thanks for the response, Zohaib. Well, let me tell you the situaton step by step. When I fisrst iniciate my lap it directly kicks me to windows admin. startup screen. I select microsoft windows vista and press enter. Another window pop-ups and it states that windows did not close properly. Ask which mode I would like to start it up with, secure mode...etc. I select normal startup and it takes a few minutes before another window pops up with message windows can not complete installation. I enter acept and it kicks back to first window being windows admin start up. Keep going in circle.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 19, 2013 at 06:24 AM
Hi leocsil2011,

Your two posts look different. In your first post you have mentioned "I have a Sony laptop that does not allow me to complete installation of windows vista". Here, I will attempt a resolution as per your second post. Please try these steps and check if the problem is fixed:

1. When the error "unable to complete installation" appears, hit SHIFT+F10 to bring up command prompt.
2. Type "MMC". This will open Microsoft Management Console.
3. Click "File" and select "Add/Remove Snap-in".
4. Double click "Computer Management".
5. Check the radio button before "Local computer: (the computer this console is running on)" and click "Finish".
6. Double click "Computer Management (Local)", select "System Tools", then "Local Users and Groups" then "Users".
7. Double click "Administrator", uncheck "Account is disabled" and then click "OK".
8. Right click "Administrator", "Set Password".
9. After setting the password, restart the computer and check.

Do reply with results.
Thanks again, did steps 1-5 and everything ok. Once I get to step 6 and double click this are the options I get:
WMI Control
Disk Manager extension
shared folder extension
team manager
Monitor Reliability and Performance extension
service extension
Device Manager extension
Task Scheduler
users and local group
Event Viewer
One thing I forgot to mention and don't know if this will effect your instruction, but since I'm in Mexico I have my computer programmed in spanish. Only thing I'm doing ids translating info.
Thank you

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 20, 2013 at 08:23 AM
Hi leocsil2011,

I have broken these steps into 15 steps. Please check the below mentioned link for a pictorial representation of the same:

http://s3.postimage.org/m9tjnpcpv/Steps_1_6.jpg
http://s12.postimage.org/8jd576ax9/Steps_7_15.jpg

Please revert for clarification.