Removable disk empty folder problem [Solved/Closed]

Jerry000 1 Posts Tuesday March 5, 2013Registration date March 5, 2013 Last seen - Mar 5, 2013 at 05:58 AM - Latest reply:  copiman
- Feb 15, 2018 at 08:36 PM
I have a kingston 15GB USB and when I plug it in it shows me instead of usualy KINGSTON, it shows me Removable Disk. It also shows that it is not empty: 60,08MB free of 15,0GB. But when I click on it, it says Empty folder. I allready look for hidden folder option but nothing. Is there any way to see my files? What can I do? It seems like the files are there but I cant reach them (virus?). I scann for viruses witm malwarebytes...but also 0. Doesnt even find folders. Please help me, I need those files on my USB.

I allready check for hidden files, but nothing. In disk manager it shows my pen drive and it shows that there is 60,08MB free of 15,0GB. I also run antivirus and nothing.

See more 

23 replies

+37
Helpful
1) Insert your removable media in the USB port. Notice the drive letter (say, h)

2) Open a command prompt (start>run>type 'cmd' without comma>right click on the black icon that appears> "run as administrator")

3) Type following and press enter:
attrib -h -r -s /D /S h:\*.*

So, if your drive letter is k, then the command you type will be:
attrib -h -r -s /D /S k:\*.*

4) Check your drive, you should be able to see ALL folders and files.
Was this answer helpful?  
Thanks bro it really works
Thanks a lot. The command prompt option really worked!
Yes! Thanks Brother. It worket for me!!!
Thank you for this help. Worked great. My case was caused by virus. Removed virus then used CMD to get the files back.
Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Mar 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM
+2
Helpful
Hi Jerry000,

Please check the below mentioned thread. The fix has worked for many users facing the same problem as you are.

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-67477-can-not-view-folders-on-my-removable-flash

Do reply with results.