Toshiba Satellite L300 suddenly goes blank after log-in

Closed
gaffheart Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2013 - Mar 17, 2013 at 09:36 PM
 Aryan - Nov 22, 2015 at 11:10 AM
Good morning friends. I have this problem with my laptop, after logging-in to windows for about 5-15 minutes, my laptop suddenly goes blank. Sometimes the color is light blue or pure white. I tried to troubleshoot my laptop to know what is causing the problem so when I tried it in battery mode it works fine. however, when I started to plug the power adapter to charge my laptop the screen goes blank immediately or sometimes the laptop shuts down. another thing I did is to try too boot in safe mode with the power adapter on and everything works fine. my power adapter also have some bare wires coming out in DC side and it is already cut, I just bend the wires to keep it connected. I am asking for your kind help. Thanks you so much in advance. I believe that your solutions will be a great help for me.
Related:

11 responses

hello my friend.All the problem is on your video chip on the motherboar.replace one on the ebay, you can find it refurbished.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 21, 2013 at 06:38 PM
Hi gaffheart,

A faulty AC adapter can cause video issues on your computer. The symptoms you have mentioned indicate a faulty AC adapter. Please check with a different AC adapter and see if the issue is fixed.

Do reply with results.
gaffheart Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 at 09:38 PM
thank you so much, I will reply the as soon as I have tried different power adapter
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 22, 2013 at 02:19 PM
Hi gaffheart,

Please do write back to us after changing the adapter. I would be glad to know if the issue is fixed. Also, your response will help other users.
gaffheart Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 at 09:39 PM
I find a hard time finding the right adapter for this laptop.I saw a universal adapter at the store but its current rating is only 2.73A on DC side, my adapter supplies 3.95A. Is this ok for the laptop?

I really love to post the result immediately to help others about this issue. right now I'm still using my old adapter and I'm still running in safe mode with networking.
Mar 26, 2013 at 03:54 PM
Hi gaffheart,

Please check the below mentioned link, there are several "3.95 A" AC Adapter for "Toshiba Satellite L300" available for sale here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Satellite-L300-1AP-Adapter-Charger/dp/B002U0ET64/ref=pd_sxp_redirect/260-0015043-8100804

Do reply with results.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Mar 30, 2013 at 07:37 AM
Hi Zohaib R,

I tried using a different power adapter but I didn't solve the problem. :(
There's a new problem with my laptop. sometimes when pressing the power button the screen won't show anything and it's not reading the hard disk. I think there is something wrong with the hardware. Please help. :(
Mar 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Hi gaffheart,

As you mentioned the problem might be with some hardware in the machine, my suspect is also the same. According to your first post the computer works fine when using only the battery, so please try running the "TOSHIBA PC Diagnostic Tool Utility". This utility can help diagnose problems with hardware in your computer.

To run the TOSHIBA PC Diagnostic Tool utility:

1. Click Start, All Programs, Toshiba, Utilities, and then PC Diagnostic Tool, or click the PC Diagnostic Tool icon in the Protect & Fix tab of TOSHIBA Assist.
2. The TOSHIBA PC Diagnostic Tool window will appear.
3. Click the Diagnostic Tool tab.
4. Select the devices (viz. Hard Drive and Video) that you would like to test by clicking the check box that appears to the left of the device.
5. Click Start Diagnostics when you are ready to begin the tests.
6. If a failure is noticed please contact Toshiba Support with the description of the problem.

Do reply with results.
Apr 1, 2013 at 02:18 AM
Hi Zohaib R,

I tried using the diagnostic tool and all passed the test. :)
I really appreciate your effort to help me solve this problem thank you so much in advance.
Does it work.? I have the same problem.. I don't know what is the main problem. Is it hardware or software issue?
Hello all,

I have all these symptoms exactly, even that 'my power adapter also have some bare wires coming out in DC side' and I insulated it with tape. Everything worked fine till 3 months back. I bought the laptop as new 4 years back.

@Simple man
How can you till it's a video chip problem? not Inverter, not power chip,....

Please help with that.
exactly the same here.
temp resolution for now:
boot on battery; open power options and edit your current power scheme. usually Balanced. click Change plan settings; then Change advanced power settings. in next window expand Processor power management, then Minimum processor state. set value for Plugged in to 100.
that worked for me. no guarantee for others.
perfect solution but does it has any negative affect on motherboard?
Apr 1, 2013 at 04:28 AM
Hi gaffheart,

I am glad to know that all the tests passed. Let's troubleshoot the video issue first. Intermittent video problems happen because of LCD cable issues. When running the tests in diagnostics if the cables are in good contact with the motherboard connectors the tests will pass. In this case, most of the time the issue is fixed by reseating the LCD cable. And if there is physical damage to the cable, it is a good idea to replace the cables. Please connect an external monitor to the computer and check if the video problem exists. Also take a local technician's help and reseat the cables. If you are comfortable doing the same yourself, please refer to the Service Manual of the laptop for step by step instructions and safety notes.

Before reseating the cable my recommendation is to update the Video drivers so as to eliminate any software issues. Also, when you take the laptop to the technician, please have the technician reseat the Hard Drive to eliminate any loose connections issue.

Try these two steps and reply with the results.