Dell mother board behaves abnormally

Closed
shajideepa Posts 16 Registration date Saturday March 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2014 - Mar 20, 2013 at 01:30 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 21, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Dear Sir
I have a Dell Optiplex GX 280 system . Recently , there is no display comes - but the processor fan works normally and its speed increases gradually.

. i checked thoroughly. i turned the system off and removed the 4 wired connector (two yellow and two black )
and then simply turn on the system for 2 minutes and turned off
and then connected that 4 wired connector again
After i turned the system on.

no problem - display came.

i observed an important thing that this dell motherboard do not show the normal behavior of dell motherboard

that is when the system gets power the processor fan on the system rotates just for one minute and stops.

Here when the system gets power the processor fan on the system rotates and does not stop so no display comes

To get display i have to do the above mentioned procedure

One more thing i observed once the system turned on by using the above mentioned procedure and do not TURN OFF POWER COMPLETELY , at any time the system works .
Simply i can say the board light should always lights if it wants to get display

I request the kind hearted people to guide me to solve the problem

Thanking you
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 21, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Hi shajideepa,

In order help you troubleshoot your Dell Optiplex GX280 desktop; I would need a few more details. This computer comes in different form factors and hence there is difference in some of the internal components such as power supply and some connectors. Please reply with the exact form factor of the machine, such as Small Form-Factor Computer, Small Desktop Computer, Desktop Computer, Small Mini-Tower Computer or Mini-Tower Computer. Following link to the service manual can help you identify your computer's form factor:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-gx280_user%27s%20guide_en-us.pdf

If possible, in your reply please add the image of the inner view of the motherboard showing the connector you reseat to fix the problem. You can upload your images here:

https://authentification.site

Please do write back to us.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell