Restoring my Vostro 1014 to factory settings

Closed
ri63 Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2013 - Apr 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Recently I installed trial version of Windows 7 64bits on my Vostro 1014 (which originally had 32 bits Windows 7). I choose clean installation, which erased recovery partition. My laptop came with no CD. I want to restore my laptop to original settings. Any help would be appreciated
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Hi ri63,

I would like to help you here. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request. I am sending you a private message as well. Respond to the message and provide the system's Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. Please do not post the System Service Tag Number in any open forum.

Note: In case of expired warranty scenario, I would be able to provide limited support, which will not cover part replacement, software support and onsite technician's visit.

Please do write back to us.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
pk. Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2013
Jul 3, 2013 at 01:06 PM
Hello Zohaib,

Can you please help me with a similar problem? I dont see the recovery partition on my vostro 1014. I have windows 7 professional (32 bit) installed. I have the original CD for this but I dont have any other OS CD from dell. I have a drivers & utilitites CD that came with the laptop. I want to format my whole laptop and install windows 7 again on it. Request you to please tell me the process to do this.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 3, 2013 at 01:18 PM
Hi pk.,

If you are in the US region, you can request the recovery media online for one time. Click here to know more.

If you are in a different region please reply with the exact region (country) you are located in and we will check for available support options.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
pk. Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2013
Jul 3, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Hi,

I am in India. I tried to speak to the dell people here. But they just said "sorry madam, we dont have the recovery solution for you". I guess they didnt want to or didn't know how to help in the matter.
It would be great if you could provide me with a solution to this.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jul 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Hi pk.,

Thank you for providing your region details and bringing this to our notice. I request you to private message me the service tag of the system, registered owner's name, address, and primary/alternate contact numbers.

To private message, click my user name Zohaib R and click "Write a message".

I would do my best to assist you further.

Awaiting your response!

Note: In case of expired warranty scenario, I would be able to provide limited support, which will not cover part replacement, software support and onsite technician.