Lag on my toshiba satellite C655 on games.

Solved/Closed
aqomamaw Posts 3 Registration date Thursday April 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2013 - Apr 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 5, 2013 at 03:39 AM
I bought my laptop just a year ago, I installed some games on it like Special Force and warcraft (DOTA). at first I dont have some lag issues on it. but when the time I "reset it to factory settings" because of some reasons , I installed the games again and it was so laggy and I dont know why it became like that including that the first time I installed the games it was running smoothly. please help me :'( thanks
Related:

7 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 4, 2013 at 01:40 AM
Hi aqomamaw,

Please try to update the Video Drivers for your "Toshiba satellite C655" laptop and check if the issue is fixed. In addition to updating the drivers, please check if there are any overheating symptoms observed in the laptop such as the laptop becoming very hot when the lag begins.

Do reply with results.
aqomamaw Posts 3 Registration date Thursday April 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 at 02:57 AM
i already update it but still it is lag..but if I reformat my laptop will it resolve this issue ?
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 4, 2013 at 03:30 AM
Hi aqomamaw,

Video lag issues generally happen because of drivers problem. Now that you have already updated the drivers and still problem persists, I would recommend running a Hardware Diagnostics on your computer. For details on how to run Hardware Diagnostics please refer to the Service Manual of the laptop. Running Hardware Diagnostics will determine any possible hardware failure. Once, it is identified that there is no Hardware component failing we can try some more troubleshooting steps in Windows Operating System.

Please do write back to us.
thanks for all the answers, ill try it and hopefully it will work , again thank you :DD

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Apr 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Hi aqomamaw,

I will await your response. Please do write back to us with results. Also, feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.
aqomamaw Posts 3 Registration date Thursday April 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I've already done on doing hardware diagnose and there was no any problem found ,I've also tried to update the drivers and it says that it is up to date but still it is lag on games . -.-" does it something to do with OS ?
Apr 5, 2013 at 03:39 AM
Hi aqomamaw,

As there are no problems found in the diagnostics, this eliminates the possibility of any hardware failure. One thing that I am concerned about is overheating. In your previous replies you have not mentioned if you have observed any signs of overheating. If the computer doesn't overheat, this means the problem started after you did Operating System installation. Kindly, do the Operating System Reinstallation and check if the problem fixes.

In addition to doing the Operating System Reinstallation, please check the user's manual/manufacturer's website for the order of drivers installation and follow the same as sometimes incorrect order of drivers installation can cause some problems.

Do reply with results.