Dell goes black

Closed
val2119 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2013 - Apr 7, 2013 at 02:53 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 9, 2013 at 02:16 AM
So i need help. Something happened where my computer screen goes black after the 'Dell' and 'Windows xp' logo comes on. My computer works perfectly fine and it even lets me log in to my computer but i cant see the welcome page or my desktop. Does anyone know what's going on?
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 9, 2013 at 02:16 AM
Hi val2119,

Please follow the below mentioned steps and check if this helps:

1. Enter BIOS and stay there and check if the video stays in this mode. If yes, follow next step. To enter the BIOS, power on or restart the computer, press the <F2> key to enter the BIOS screen.
2. If the computer stays in BIOS, please check in the Safe Mode if the video is present. To boot to the safe mode, press the F8 key on the keyboard when Dell Logo appears, from the next menu that appears select Safe Mode.
3. If the computer boots to the Safe Mode, uninstall the Video Drivers and restart the computer. To uninstall the Video Drivers:
a. Right click the Computer icon on the Desktop.
b. Select Manage.
c. Select Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane.
d. Then expand the device "Sound, video and game controllers" from right pane.
e. Right click the Device listed.
f. Click "Uninstall".
g. Check the box "Delete the driver software for this device".
h. Click OK.
4. After uninstalling the Video Drivers check if the computer boots to Windows Normally.
5. If the computer boots to Windows normally, please download and install the Video Drivers form the support site.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6