Bluetooth keyboard 'added' to my laptop but dosn't work?

Closed
ben_C. Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2013 - Apr 11, 2013 at 07:01 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 12, 2013 at 01:22 AM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows what i can do.
to begin I'll give you somebackground info.
------
I'm a senior secondary student in NSW (Australia) and am using a school provided laptop for research and reerence in class. but I like to write in a book so to save room on my class desk bought a bluetooth keyboard. managed to pair/add it to my laptop, but then had to put the computer to sleep, when I next tried to use it i could not get it to work.

I have tried these things:
1.) add bluetooth device (but keyboard didn't show up here as it has already beeen added)
2.) remove device (the keyboard in question) from the devices and printers window. (this failed as i don't have right admin credentials)
3.) turning off and then back on bluetooth

any and all idear welcome.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 12, 2013 at 01:22 AM
Hi ben_C.,

You have performed most of the required troubleshooting. The suggested fix is to remove the Bluetooth keyboard from "Devices and Printers" and then pair the keyboard again. However, you do not have administrator rights. Kindly, check with your school administration to remove the Bluetooth keyboard from "Devices and Printers" and check after re-pairing it. After you have re-paired your Bluetooth keyboard with the computer ensure you change the settings in the Device Manager, viz. "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option should be disabled.

Please reply if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell