White sceen on monitor

Closed
big p Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday April 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 25, 2013 - Apr 23, 2013 at 09:21 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I have acer aspire. I have been having monitor issue. Mine have screen have been giving me a white screen blank without any image. This have been going on for long, even uptill now. I am also having batfery issue, each time i charge or am charging my laptop, the battery becomes very hot. May it is because the battery is bad . But what do i do about the scree issue. Thanks,!
Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Hi big p,

I would like to help you here. A little clarification will help me find a fix for the problem. You have mentioned "Mine have screen have been giving me a white screen blank without any image". I would like to know at what point you lose the video. Is it at the initial startup screen or after it? Or your laptop loses video during normal operation in Windows? If the computer is booting to Windows or before Windows do you see any AC Adapter or battery related error messages on screen?

Please do write back to us.
big p Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday April 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 25, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 at 04:52 AM
Oh, sorry i made an error in what i typed. Pls forgive me for that. My acer aspire is always giving me white screen image from the initial start up when power on the laptop. It stays white through out without showing up any windows image. Everythin is white blank. Ths has been going on for a week now. What do i do? Is it something i cAn do for myself or what an engineer will handle. Hope u get me clear now. Thanks!
big p Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday April 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 25, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 at 04:56 AM
Oh, sorry i made an error in what i typed. Pls forgive me for that. My acer aspire is always giving me white screen image from the initial start up when power on the laptop. It stays white through out without showing up any windows image. Everythin is white blank. Ths has been going on for a week now. What do i do? Is it something i cAn do for myself or what an engineer will handle. Hope u get me clear now. Thanks!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 24, 2013 at 05:27 AM
Hi big p,

Please try these basic steps and check if this can fix the problem:

1. Connect an external monitor to the Laptop (if available) and check if you get any video. Refer to the Laptop's Manual for steps on how to connect an external Monitor to the laptop.
2. If video is displayed on the external monitor and no video on the notebook LCD, this indicates that the problem is with the LCD assembly.
3. If there is no video on the external monitor also, this indicates the failure is with the graphics chip on the motherboard.

If possible, please take a technician's help and try to re-seat the LCD cable that connects to the motherboard and check as this might cause the problem sometimes. If any of these steps don't work try contacting Acer Support for further assistance.

Please reply if you have any other queries.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Apr 25, 2013 at 05:32 AM
Thanks a lot. Already i hav taking to a computer engineer, i was told i have to change the screen. Thanks one more time. I love this site of yours, it helps a lot.
Apr 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Hi big p,

You are welcome. Thank you for your awesome comments. Here at Kioskea we will continue to serve you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.