Updating yamaha opl3-sax wdm

Closed
deadspot - Feb 19, 2009 at 08:43 AM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Feb 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Hello,

i am having trouble installing my laptop sound driver.. i already uninstalled it a few times.. the sound card that is registering in the device manager is yamaha opl3-sax wdm.. but it has an exclamation mark in it.. already updated the driver, it installs some files but after a while it will either display errors that says that the device cannot start or driver not installed.. i am using windows xp pro sp3.. it is starting to get annoying and frustrating.. can somebody please help me solve this, your help will be greatly appreciated.. many thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Feb 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM
First of all, disable the antivirus software that you are using before proceeding with the driver installation.

Most of the time , the antivirus protects the registry and any attempt to write in the registry is refused. This happens mostly in the case when using MC AFEE antivirus. It might also be that the SP3 does not support the driver or device. Try looking for a newer version of the driver.