It is important to update PSP firmware to correct bugs, add features or play new video games. The PSP is one of the most popular gaming consoles available today. There are two ways to update PSP firmware - through the network or with a PC. In order to update PSP firmware with the network, a wireless internet connection is required. This article will show you how update the firmware for your PSP.
What is the firmware update?
The firmware update occurs automatically and it is the easiest way to upgrade the PSP. To update PSP firmware for the PC, the PSP has to be connected to the PC. The process is not automatic and it involves some manual steps to complete the procedure. It is important to update PSP firmware regularly.
Why update your PSP?
- You should update the firmware on your PSP to correct bugs and faults, add new features and play new games.
- To check the firmware version, go to Settings > System Settings and select System Information.
There are two methods to update the PSP firmware:
How to update your PSP?
This option allows you to update the firmware through a wireless Internet connection. It's automatic and is the simplest way to update your PSP.
Update With a PC
- Download the new firmware from the Playstation site here.
- Connect the PSP to the PC using the USB cable supplied with the console purchase.
- Turn on the PSP and go to Settings > USB Connection, then press the X button to activate the USB mode.
- The PC should recognise the PSP as a USB stick / external hard drive.
- Access the PSP from your computer and save the downloaded file in the following location: \ PSP \ GAME \ UPDATE \ EBOOT.PBP
- If the necessary folders don't already exist, create them
- Disconnect the PSP from the PC. Connect the charger to the PSP.
- Press the Circle button to exit USB mode and go to Game > Memory Stick
- Press the X button
- Select the update and confirm with the X button
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- After the update, you can delete the file EBOOT.PBP
Any more PlayStation questions? Check out our forum!
- Psp firmware
- How to update psp via usb
- Psp firmware update
- Update emoji keyboard > Guide
- Fire kirin update download > Télécharger
- Update payment netflix > Guide
- Update sim card t mobile > Guide
- Windows 10 update > Guide
- PS3 not reading discs: how to fix, after update
- PS4 controller not responding: white light, in game, on pc
- Expand your PS5 storage: internal, external
- Too many USB devices connected PS4: fix the error
- How to turn off sound on PS4 controller
- How to turn off vibration on PS4 controller: on PC, Fortnite
- PS3 recovery mode: without controller, not working
- How to reset PS3 controller: on PC, without reset button
- PS3 can't obtain IP address: PlayStation 3 fix
- How to connect PS4 controller to PS5
- PS3 error codes and solutions
- Link PlayStation 4: to Facebook, to Twitter
- PS4 safe mode: options, not working
- PS4 audio output settings: for headphones
- How to fix a slow PSP
- How to play PlayStation 4 games online
- How to check battery on PlayStation controller: PS4, PS5
- Reset PlayStation 3: display settings HDMI
- PS3 mode not supported: Samsung HDMI, on TV
- How to update PS3 with USB: safe mode
- PS4 auto shutdown: after download, in rest mode
- How to turn off PS4 system sounds
- PS5 console: release date, price, stock
- How long to charge PlayStation controller: PS3, PS4, PS5
- How to turn off notifications on PS4
- How to clear your PS4 browsing history?
- Install Flash Player on Playstation 3: 2021
- How to Play MP4 on a PSP 3000
- How to clear PS3: cache, cookies
- PS4 text to speech: not working
- How to change the language on PSP
- How to buy games on PlayStation store: for free
- How to reset your PlayStation network password?
- Turn off controller vibration: PS3
- How to connect your Playstation 4 to PC
- Find and add friends on PS4: from Facebook, online
- How to connect a BigBen controller to a PS3
- How to disable PS4 share play
- Switch from HDMI to SCART: PlayStation 3
- How to clear your browsing history on PS3?
- Obtain an IP address on the PS3
- How to delete cookies on PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 4: tips and tricks
- PS Now vs PS Plus
- How to add the accessibility menu to Quick Menu on PS4?
- How to save battery life on PS4 controller