Why i cant open my pdf files even though i'm having adobe reader [Solved/Closed]

reshmagh 1 Posts Thursday June 6, 2013Registration date June 6, 2013 Last seen - Jun 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM - Latest reply:  reshma
- Jun 11, 2013 at 01:00 PM
hai.
i'm having new version of adobe reader, when I try to open my pdf files by double clinking on it it opens in word. when I try to select'open-with' option it wont shows adobe reader, when I try to browse it in program files it selects the application of adobe. that means when I try to open the pdf files it every time goes to ''run as a administrator'' option. what I have to do? I have to open every time the files from adobe reader menu, I cant directly open by double clinking on it. plz help me.
See more 

12 replies

jack4rall 6507 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Jun 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Thank you
Hello,

Try this 1

Right-click on that PDF file --> Select "Open With" --> Choose Program... -->

Select "Adobe Acrobat Reader" from the list --> Check the check box "Always use

the selected program to open this kind of file" --> Click on OK.

Good Luck
Thank you
thanks for the replay. but that what I mentioned is when I right click and browse for the acrobat reader it wont shows the option . I searched in program files then I go for the adobe and reader11 and then for the reader . there will be an reader32 which is an application, if I select that reader 32 it stats installing the application when I try to open the pdf files. it acts as an '''run as an administration'' automatically. I uninstalled many times and installed the new version but the problem is same.
jack4rall 6507 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Jun 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Let me know the Adobe acrobat version and the OS you are using.
Good Luck
Thank you
adobe readerXI and os is windows 7 home basic 64bit
thanks for your responses sir,
but it is becoming hard to trouble you sir, I have done what you have guided. I have copied adobe readerXI . I don't know it is correct or not. the system shows only two options ''acrobat.com'' and ''adobe readerXI'' . so I selected the adobe reader XI , with out opening it I just copied what you said and done the next procedure after changing the pdf file it opens a dialogue box there I try to paste in the file name text box , but the paste is unavailable , I cant select the paste option it is not showing , don't know whats the problem . sry sir for troubling a lot.
jack4rall 6507 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Jun 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
The location is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe".
If the paste option is not highlighted then it means the location was not copied. Try once again.
The above bolded line is the location. If the problem still exists then let me know. I will give you an another procedure.
No need to feel sorry. We are here to try our best to help others.
Good Luck
hai.
mine problem doesn't solved , I have tried the last procedure which you have mentioned. but the problem remains. can I know how much the size of the adobe reader 32 application. i'm not asking the whole size of adobe only the size of adobe reader 32 application size. the size of application in my system is showing having 1370kb does it correct? I have to know it is properly installed or not.

thank you
jack4rall 6507 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Jun 11, 2013 at 08:34 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
If you are referring to AcroRd32 file size in the installation location then you are right.
You will be getting "Setup Completed" with "Finish" button. If there is any problem regarding installation then you should get some error message during the installation.
Click on the below hyperlink "Foxit Reader" and download it
Foxit Reader
This is an application that can read the PDF files. Download and install it. Let me know if you are not having any issue when comes to this application and then we can try fixing the adobe.
Good Luck
hey
thanks for the new software for reading a pdf files. actually the installation of adobe was perfect with no errors but still don't know why it was not opening. but still you guided the new one i'm happy thank you so much.....