Why i cant open my pdf files even though i'm having adobe reader

Solved/Closed
reshmagh Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2013 - Jun 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
 reshma - Jun 11, 2013 at 01:00 PM
hai.
i'm having new version of adobe reader, when I try to open my pdf files by double clinking on it it opens in word. when I try to select'open-with' option it wont shows adobe reader, when I try to browse it in program files it selects the application of adobe. that means when I try to open the pdf files it every time goes to ''run as a administrator'' option. what I have to do? I have to open every time the files from adobe reader menu, I cant directly open by double clinking on it. plz help me.
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Right-click on that PDF file --> Select "Open With" --> Choose Program... -->

Select "Adobe Acrobat Reader" from the list --> Check the check box "Always use

the selected program to open this kind of file" --> Click on OK.

Good Luck
thanks for the replay. but that what I mentioned is when I right click and browse for the acrobat reader it wont shows the option . I searched in program files then I go for the adobe and reader11 and then for the reader . there will be an reader32 which is an application, if I select that reader 32 it stats installing the application when I try to open the pdf files. it acts as an '''run as an administration'' automatically. I uninstalled many times and installed the new version but the problem is same.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Let me know the Adobe acrobat version and the OS you are using.
Good Luck
adobe readerXI and os is windows 7 home basic 64bit
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Uninstall it and then try to install it as an administrator. Right-click on the setup file --> Select the option "Run as administrator" and now try to install the application.
Good Luck
sir,
it doesn't worked. I uninstalled and installed the same version but the problem repeats. when I right click on pdf file and select the default programs it shows the following options
1)AdbeRdr920_en_US
2)Adobe 3Dutility 9.5
3)Adobe Reader 9.5
4)adobe self extractor
5)microsoft office word
i have uninstalled all the files of adobe but I don't know where the adobe 3D utility is present. and if I choose any above option it directly goes to run command.
Jun 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on Start --> All Programs --> Adobe Acrobat --> You will find Adobe Acrobat. Don't open it but rght-click on it and copy the target location.
Click on Start --> In search bar, type file association. When "Change the file type assoicated with a file extension" appears in the search list, click on it.
Scroll down and select .pdf and click on "Change program" button. In "File name" text box, right-click and paste it. This will paste the copied target location of adobe acrobat reader. Click on "Open" button --> Now select the Adobe acrobat reader and click on OK
Good Luck.
thanks for your responses sir,
but it is becoming hard to trouble you sir, I have done what you have guided. I have copied adobe readerXI . I don't know it is correct or not. the system shows only two options ''acrobat.com'' and ''adobe readerXI'' . so I selected the adobe reader XI , with out opening it I just copied what you said and done the next procedure after changing the pdf file it opens a dialogue box there I try to paste in the file name text box , but the paste is unavailable , I cant select the paste option it is not showing , don't know whats the problem . sry sir for troubling a lot.
Jun 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
The location is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe".
If the paste option is not highlighted then it means the location was not copied. Try once again.
The above bolded line is the location. If the problem still exists then let me know. I will give you an another procedure.
No need to feel sorry. We are here to try our best to help others.
Good Luck