Screen failure

Closed
stevekaris Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 7, 2013 - Jun 7, 2013 at 09:15 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 9, 2013 at 06:18 AM
Hi all;
I have a Toshiba satellite pro that failed to boot. when booting it is only showing a cursor at the left upper side of the screen which is black/blank. I followed some explanations from google to try to disconnect the cmos battrey and see whether it would workout. I did as the steps helped me.
Now the problem added itself to two because the screen is not displaying anything but i can hear the cooling fans running normally. Kindly anyone with a suggestion that can help solve my problem please?

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and

later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If you still failed to get the display then check your RAM.

Click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

Good Luck
Hi jack,
Thanks for the advice, the screen still did not show display. I followed the instructions in http://ccm.net/faq/9066-display-problem-laptop. But am having a serious problem because i cant even identify the RAM in my laptop.
I dont know where the problem started because before i dassasebling the screen was working normally.
Am very greatful for your assistance, pls assist. Thanks in advance
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 9, 2013 at 06:18 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlinks to see how the RAM looks
Image1
Image2
You need to be careful while removing and placing the RAM back into the slot.
Good Luck