Linksys WRT54G Access Page [Can't access in url]

Closed
Jralax Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2013 - Jun 10, 2013 at 02:08 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Ok so, I'm gona get down to the point, I've tried '192.168.1.1' on my Mac Laptop, Mac laptop hooked up by ethernet cable to the router,WRT54G Linksys Cinco, Mac laptop hooked up by ethernet cable to the modem, tried the url '192.168.1.1' on the main, Tower, Microsoft computer that is actually hooked up to the modem as well as the router, turned off my firewall on the Mac laptop, then tried the url '192.168.1.1', turned off the firewall on the main, Tower, Microsoft computer, then tried the url '192.168.1.1', Youtubed it, Googled it, Kioskea.neted it, Cinco websited it. Only thing I have not tried was customer support. In a nut shell, I have pretty much tried almost all other solutions to "self fix", this problem and it still isn't fixed.
Can I get some help please?
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 10, 2013 at 09:31 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> Run --> Type cmd and press Enter.

"Command Prompt" will be opened. Now enter the below command.

ipconfig --> Press Enter.

Note the "Default Gateway" IP and try that IP address to access your router.

If you still can't access the router's web-based setup page then reset your

router. You can find the reset button at the back of your router. You can use

paperclip to push the button. When your router is ON, just hold the reset

button for 30 secs and release it. It will reboot on its own.

(Note : It will clear all the settings you have configured in the router.)

After resetting, connect to your router (through wired) and then configure the

settings. Now try to login to your router using the default user name and

password. You can download the manual from the manufacture website and

follow the instructions to configure your router again.

Good Luck.
Jralax Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2013
Jun 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Gateway Ip is in fact '192.168.1.1', I've checked this way long before I came to this site, I tried the reset option multiple times, just no longer then 10 seconds and, nothing happened, lights did not turn off and on, flicker except for the normal occasional flicker that my router does all day and has been doing since I could remember. I could not move beyond this point, thank you for your help.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlink "Reset" and follow the instructions.
Reset
Follow the instructions given under "Resetting the Linksys router to factory defaults".
Good Luck
Blocked Profile
Jun 10, 2013 at 09:32 AM
If you are not on the 192. network, it doesnt matter. What is your ip address when you get a new IP lease??

Kewl! Dont like my questions, go ahead and delete them because you have asked all of the right ones! Commies!