Configure Internet and Sharing with Wifi

Solved/Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Jun 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Jun 18, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Dear All,
I am the new one, could you let me know how to configure internet at home and share that internet thru wifi?
here is that i have:
-I registerd with Waren Cable and i got the Modem, Coxail cable, Network cable..
and when i installed modem on my laptop, they msage said,
Call your cable provider to Activate service, please make note of your MAC adress show below: xx.xx.xx.x.x.x.x..

What doese it mean? but when i look to my network icon on the right task bar, i saw it's show limtted conection. can you help me please?

Beside this, if my network status show on the right task bar, working, can i still use the internet without connecting to computer by using thru wifi?

ALso i heard that use internet by wifi, we need to buy router wifi and can you show me how to configure router wifi?

how can i get my internet wifi name and password?

Whiat is modem mean? and router mean?

Please help me.
THanks you so much
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 18, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

You need to contact your Internet Service Provider. They will help you in setting

up the internet.

Regarding the difference between a Modem and Router, click on the below

hyperlink "Differences". You can find all the information.

Differences

Good Luck
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 18, 2013 at 01:36 PM
the Modem makes the connection to the Internet provider.
A Router manages that connection and allows other computers to share the connection. Some Modems are also Routers and some/most Routers also provide WiFi connections.

Waren cable needs to activate the modem and may need the MAC address to do it.

Waren cable should be able to walk you through the steps you need to do.

Good Luck
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
Jun 18, 2013 at 03:11 PM
THanks you so much.
Regards,