Wifi Connection Problems

Solved/Closed
wade654 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2013 - Jun 27, 2013 at 01:23 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 30, 2013 at 08:00 AM
Hello! First time posting on the Kioskea forums. Anyways, I have had a wireless connection issue that says that my wireless connection is an "Unidentified Network" and that there is no internet access, though I have been using that network for over a year. When I checked my router's DHCP Client List, I saw all the normal devices, like a Kindle, another laptop, my laptop, and what appeared to be my laptop, but without its Host Name. I have tried reconfiguring my network and a whole bunch of other things, but I don't exactly know what the problem is, or whether or not it is hardware or software incompatibilities.

Thank you for your time,
Wade

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Hi Wade,

Please follow the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Press and hold the Windows Key on the keyboard and then press R key to launch Run Dialog box.
2. Type "cmd" and hit "Enter".
3. Type "ipconfig" at the command prompt and hit "Enter".
4. Check if "IPv4" and "Default Gateway" show a valid IP Address.
5. Ping the "IPv4" and "Default Gateway".
6. If you get response in the above step, type "ping www.dell.com" and check if there is response.
7. If Ping is successful in the previous steps and Internet Explorer is unable to open any websites or showing Page cannot be displayed. Run below MS Fix-Its using wired connection:
a. Winsock Reset - Fix it
b. Automatically diagnose and fix common security setting on Windows
c. MS Fix it : Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer
8. If ping is successful for default gateway, but not for websites, check in "Safe Mode With Networking". If you are able to go online in "Safe Mode With Networking", then it's an issue mostly with firewall.
9. If you are not able to ping the website or go online in "Safe Mode With Networking" also, then "Power Cycle" the router. To power cycle Power off for 3-4 Minutes and turn on from Router & Computer(s).
10. Check if any other computers are able to connect to this same wireless network. If yes, the issue is with this computer.
wade654 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2013
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Yeah, thanks for the advice Zoharib, but I fixed it a while ago. Just had to system restore to the day before the problems.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 30, 2013 at 08:00 AM
Hi wade654,

I am glad to know the issue has been fixed. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.