Dell vostro 1400 black screen

Closed
reete12 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2013 - Jun 29, 2013 at 07:00 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 30, 2013 at 07:05 AM
Hi, it's been one week my laptop isn't working. When I start my laptop, after the dell logo, the screen is black with a cursor on the side. (-). It would mean a lot if you guys helped me. THANKS.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 30, 2013 at 07:05 AM
Hi reete12,

This symptom (blank screen with cursor at the top left side of the screen) in most of the cases indicates Hard Drive issues. Please try the below mentioned steps and check if the steps help:

1. Power off the computer and disconnect all the power sources and external devices.
2. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release.
3. Put the Power Source back and power on the computer and check if the computer boots normally.
4. Remove any USB devices connected or any Media in the Optical Drive and then power on the computer.
5. If the computer doesn't boot normally in the above steps, check in the BIOS if the Hard Drive is detected.
6. If the Hard Drive is not listed in BIOS, Load the BIOS Defaults and then restart the computer.
7. If you again get the same screen, take a technician's help to reseat the Hard Drive (if you wish to do it yourself you can refer to the service manual).
Note: Before you start working insides of the computer, please go through the pre-removal instructions mentioned in Service Manual, this is for your and machine's safety.
8. If the Hard Drive is still not detected, you need to replace the Hard Drive.
9. If the Hard Drive is listed in the BIOS, run the Diagnostics on the Hard Drive. Click here to find steps on how to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics.
10. If the Hard Drive Test gives any error please reply with the exact text of the error message.

Some of the steps mentioned above are specific to system models, if you need steps on how to perform those steps, please refer to the Service Manual.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
--
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell