No Start Menu Appears

Solved/Closed
sonag - May 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM
 youyou - Jul 2, 2011 at 08:24 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me. My father's computer no longer displays the start menu or display bar at the bottom of the comoputer. We are not techies, and we can't seem to get it to reappear. Any sugestions/

6 responses

I want to know how to put the start menu back on the computer because it was deleted.
if it's a problem with your explorer open up your task manager click new task and type explorer.exe

if that's the problem then that should fix it, but not permanently to do that you'll have to somehow add explorer.exe to your startup (you could try msconfig) Hit control r and then type msconfig
my bad it's the windows key + r not control, sorry, but that just opens run
writing explorer.exe in new task solved the problem...thanks
How do I put the start menu back on the computer ?
Can you please! I install internet explorer 7, and it promt me to restart the computer and i restart it. But when i log on i did not see the start menu and other icons. I can only acess to programs by task manager!

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
My uncle helped me with this problem. In your task manager the IE explorer is what shows the task bar icons and such. So go to a computer place and tell them that your Ie explorer is not running but make sure you tell them its not internet explorer its the desktop one. Also first try pressing ctrl+alt+delete and closing everything and let it sit there.
Hey Check if your explorer (desktop icon) not the I.E is they
Should be located at c/windows
when you turn on your computer does the start menu come for at least 30 seconds?

If it not they then you have to re install windows
that how i did it. it was so stupid of me to think that my explorer was a virus.