Can't get audio to TV from HDMI (not a repost, help!)

Closed
ZombieGSus Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 6, 2013 - Aug 6, 2013 at 09:17 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 7, 2013 at 02:19 PM
Ok, I recently had to reformat my SSD which is only 64 gigs and I mainly just use for Windows. I have dual AMD 5870's and prior to the reformat, I was able to dual screen with my monitor and TV and had no issues whatsoever. Now, when I try to connect to the TV (through either video card) I have video and no audio. I know what you're saying. We've fixed this a million times. But here's the thing, none of those solutions has worked for me. I don't know what to do and am hoping someone has some insight beyond "rightclick and select show disabled/disconnected devices". Because I have done that. And it's still not showing up as an option, not as disconnected, not as disabled, no HDMI options at all. Using Win7 and a Panasonic TV if that helps. I've tried to find new devices, I've uninstalled and reinstalled (repeatedly) the realtek drivers, including the supposed HDMI specific one (when I install it tells me no drivers were useable), and have tried d/ling the Catalyst HDMI specific driver, and when I install that nothing happens at all. I'm seriously at my wit's end with this, can anyone help me?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 7, 2013 at 02:19 PM
Frustrating. Please understand...HDMI is not a standard. How one device hadnles the communication of the HDMI messages, is not the same as another. Have you tried another HDMI device in the tv port? and have you tried your laptop on another tv?