Dropped hard drive

Closed
ella_bella Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2013 - Aug 10, 2013 at 05:11 PM
ella_bella Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2013 - Aug 10, 2013 at 07:05 PM
I dropped my WD 1TB hard drive about 30cm to the ground. Now when I plug it into my laptop it shows up under my devices in the control panel and the light on my hard drive flashes but it will not show up under my computer. Is my hard drive completely stuffed or can I fix it? I have tried other USB ports on my laptop and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated thanks
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 10, 2013 at 05:47 PM
Good afternoon,

To hear of a physical trouble is rather easy to t-shoot, I must be honest and blount. Considering a particle of smoke can ruin a harddrive because of the specifications, you must understand that a physical blow would do it. Now, the question is, what is the data worth?

You can probably take it to a local shop, and they can take it apart and do forensics on it, and maybe rebuild, but may cost.

At this point, start thinking about what is on it, and what is it worth.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but hang tight as plenty of hardware people log in, and maybe they have fixed a dropped harddrive.
ella_bella Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2013
Aug 10, 2013 at 07:05 PM
Thanks I thought that might be the case. I don't hav anything important on there just full of movies and tv shows. One thing I don't understand tho is when I go into properties from my devices it says the device is working fine which is y I thought there might be a solution to fix it. Thanks