Cannot Conect To A Web Page

Closed
Grant - Feb 23, 2009 at 01:06 PM
 Sri - Feb 24, 2009 at 04:03 PM
Hello, everytime i load my pc it lets me sign in on msn but when i load the internet it says cannot display the web page and it does that for all sites, it is a windons xp ive had it for about 2 years and i dont know what to do does anyone have any ideas?
but it does let my moms laptop connect to the internet on the connection which i thought was strange can anyone please help?
thankyou
Related:

1 response

verre.cz Posts 11 Registration date Tuesday September 2, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2009 5
Feb 24, 2009 at 03:28 AM
helo,

If I am not wrong you will have many solutions in the following thread as many will help you out in concluding what solution will be the best adapted to your problem. Take a look at the link http://ccm.net/forum/affich 274 problem connecting certain websites?page=9
Hi,

Check for the internet conection, if connected and still not able to open try deleting the temp files like cookies,temp internet files,history and try again , if this doesnt work, check if you are able to open another webpage. if you are not able then try using other programms like yahoo mesenger or gtalk if they are getting connected then shut down you computer,router and the modem(if ther is one), wait for a min after both are completey shut down . Then switch on the modem(if there is one other wise the router)wait for about 30 secs then switch on the router and wait for 30 secs, then turn on the computer. Try opening your webpage , it should open , if it doesnt then there is a problem with your browser, try restoring defaults on your browser , if that doesnt work, uninstall the browser and install it again- for IE you have to go into windows components and disable internet explorer and hit apply then restart your computer and then enable it again from windows componets. it will re install the IE . That should solve the issue.