Computer won't connect to the monitor

Closed
cosmicskyes Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2013 - Aug 24, 2013 at 04:33 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Hello! I recently built a pc and it had been running smoothly until I tried overclocking it. Then it had a blue screen and shut down.

At that point I was afraid I broke it as it would not connect to the monitor at all, but would turn on (one of the fans sounded sort of funny.)

But after a few retries, it booted up saying that it had failed entering the system a few times and booted me into safe mode.

Okay, so now its working, and now I had to attach the wireless adapter. I did everything, but there was a connection error so I unplugged the adapter and my computer crashed. Now having the same problem as the overclocking problem, but this time it won't connect to the monitor no matter how many times I retry.

Are there any solutions to this?

Thanks!
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Hi cosmicskyes,

Sometimes the computer becomes unstable after overclocking. As you have not mentioned the model number of the motherboard and the CPU (processor) in your computer I am suggesting this generic step, please try this and reply with results.

Refer to your motherboard's service manual and attempt to reset the BIOS jumpers. You might find the below mentioned article useful:

Lost BIOS password - Resetting the BIOS

Hope this helps