Dell inspiron n5010 not starting

Closed
princesahilkhanna Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2013 - Aug 25, 2013 at 04:58 AM
 Jay - May 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Hi sir

i have dell inspiron r15 and last night I shutdown my lappy correctly and now its not starting up. I hv also removed my battery and press the power button trick correctly as u hv mentioned in one of your post nothing happen same problem
when I plugin my charger the charging notification light is not working also and last night my laptop is charged completely.
one more thing I starts occasionally and again switch off before the whole booting process
please hepl me as soon as possible I am looking for your positive reply

thanks

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 25, 2013 at 05:56 AM
Hi princesahilkhanna,

Try the below mentioned steps and reply with results (as you have already drained the Flea Power you can ignore the steps 1 to 3):

1. Remove the battery and AC adapter.
2. Disconnect any peripherals or USB Devices from the computer.
3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
4. Release the power button and plug only the AC adapter.
5. Check the light on the AC Adapter connector. Ensure that the blue ring stays on.
6. If the blue ring around the AC adapter connector goes off after connecting to the computer, this indicates the motherboard is faulty and you need to replace the motherboard.
7. If the blue ring around the AC adapter stays on, the problem might be with other components in the computer. Repeat steps 1-3 and then remove the parts listed below in correct order:
a. Battery
b. Memory Door
c. Memory (RAM)
d. Optical Drive
e. Keyboard
Note: Removing these parts requires you to remove the screws and plastic cover, please take a technician's help if you are not comfortable. Refer to the service manual for Safety Instructions and removal steps.
8. After the parts have been removed plug in only the AC Adapter and try to power on the computer. Observe if you can hear the memory beeps.
9. If the beeps are heard connect only one memory module and try to boot.
10. If the computer can power on correctly, now try to connect the components one-by-one and check which component(s) is (are) causing the problem.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
RichardNickname...
Apr 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM
You guys got a step by step video?
I have the same problem but when I took everything out there were no memory beeps. I was thinking it might be the dc jack power board because when I plug the adapter in the green light stays on. Do you think the power board is bad or is it a bad motherboard?