Mysql login error

Closed
mikeoe2003 Posts 25 Registration date Thursday November 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2014 - Aug 28, 2013 at 01:49 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Hello,

i recently followed some instructions on PHP and MySQL web development after which i can no longer login to my MySQL database server any more. please find below what i did .........................................................................................................................................
+--------------------+
| Database |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| books |
| cdcol |
| mysql |
| nig_soil_db |
| nig_soil_db_new |
| performance_schema |
| phpmyadmin |
| police_records |
| student_record |
| test |
| webauth |
+--------------------+
12 rows in set (0.12 sec)

mysql> grant all on * to mike identified by 'miko'
-> with grant option;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.23 sec)

mysql> grant usage
-> on books.*
-> to sally identified by 'magic123';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.06 sec)

mysql> grant select, insert, update, delete, index, alter, create,drop
-> on books.*
-> to sally;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> grant select, insert, delete,update
-> on books.*
-> to bookorama identified by 'bookorama123';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit;
Bye

C:\xampp\mysql\bin>mysql.exe -u bookorama -p
Enter password: ************
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'bookorama'@'localhost' (using passwo
rd: YES)

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'bookorama'@'localhost' (using passwo

C:\xampp\mysql\bin>mysql.exe -u root -p
Enter password: ********
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: Y
ES)

.........................................................................................................................................

Please i need help
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Ok, so you used to be able to log in?

"i recently followed some instructions on PHP and MySQL web development after which i can no longer login "

..makes me beleive that you cut and pasted some script and ran it, and now you are not certain what the script did....or, you are running the script and it is failing because an authorized guest is trying to connect, you may have to give the script access to the directory/recordset.

If neither of these partian to your situation, please answer this:
How many times have you made a programatic connection into a database? If this is your first time, keep working, as more than likely, the credidentials are not matching between the DB and what is being sent.

Please Post back,

//ark
-Contributor