Windows XP not starting

Closed
Ravi_Mangalore Posts 2 Registration date Monday August 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2013 - Sep 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM
KanzakiKaori Posts 9 Registration date Thursday September 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2013 - Sep 20, 2013 at 08:57 AM
Hello Sir

I have an old Computer on which I had installed Windows XP. Since last week it is not starting. It comes and gets stuck at the Welcome Blue Screen. How can I make it right again. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

RMurthy
Mangalore

Related:

1 response

KanzakiKaori Posts 9 Registration date Thursday September 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 at 08:57 AM
Try these steps my friend.

Restart your computer. Immediately after the screen goes blank for the first time, press the F8 key repeatedly. The Windows Advanced Options menu appears. If the menu does not appear, restart your computer and try again. Use the cursor keys on your keyboard (your mouse will not work) to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press Enter. Windows XP attempts to start..

Or if you recently installed new hardware, shut down your computer and disconnect the hardware. Then, restart Windows XP and troubleshoot your hardware to get it working properly.

If both steps are not working, try these last step.

Restart your computer and press F8 again. This time, choose Safe Mode and press Enter. Windows XP attempts to start in Safe Mode, which does not automatically start programs and hardware, and displays very primitive graphics. If Windows XP starts successfully in Safe Mode, you can remove any programs or updates you have recently installed. Then, restart your computer normally.