Pc won't turn on

Closed
Stormy1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2013 - Sep 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Stormy1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2013 - Sep 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Okay, I will be as detailed and compact as I can. I have a gateway dx4300 pc I bought new probably four years ago and this is first major problem I have had. So the computer is running perfectly fine, no problems at all. Was in the middle of testing someone and was holding keyboard in lap as I sat on my bed. I dropped keyboard but caught it mid-air before it dropped and must have hit some key(s) like power or something as the screen on monitor completely went out (but still on) and now keyboard has no functionality (no lights either on cap/numb lock). So I checked all connections, unplugging and replugging etc, turned off and on, checked outlet and monitor. Same thing when restarting, no keyboard functionality or lights, no beeps or noises, monitor is fine but says no signal and I use a wifi adapter that always lights up/runs if computer is booted up, and that wasn't lit as well. But powers up and sounds fine. So I try a couple more times turning off then on when now it won't turn on at all. No beeps, nothing. No power light nada. Can't imagine what I did by initially hitting some keys but I'm really freaked out as I didn't have hd backed up yet and there is irreplaceable info on hd. Started to take screws off case but of course came across pesky stripped screw and decided will have to take somewhere in Chicago to have it looked at asap. Just wondering if anyone can offer any clue as to what I may be looking at and if think may be fixable? Would rather pay couple hundred to fix and retain hd rather than just replace. Thanks!!!!
Related:

2 responses

Hi there,

Try to change the smps of your cpu..
Stormy1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Thanks so much for taking time to reply and advice. Im really good at solving software issues etc but have zero experience on hardware end so i will have to take it in somewhere to have looked at. Im just praying to God its savable as there are irreplaceable files on there. At very least as long as can salvage hd would be a huge relief. Im not in position to buy new pc but would gladly pay a couple hundred to save this one even if "cheaper" or more sense to replace. Was planning on getting a third back up used pc in couple months time but recently lost job of over five yrs so right now need this back up running.