File sharing in multiple computers on LAN network

Closed
potharhtoo Posts 7 Registration date Saturday September 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2013 - Oct 16, 2013 at 01:09 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Hello,
i have a problem with finding software for file sharing and control all the computers from one PC in LAN network.

Can someone tell what kind of software i have to download?

i want to use it in my office and control all the conputers and restrict them using internet or something like that and the main is for sharing file each other in LAN network.

Related:

5 responses

potharhtoo Posts 7 Registration date Saturday September 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2013 1
Oct 16, 2013 at 01:51 PM
hello ac3mark

All the computers have window7 OS and i want to restrict their permission in each computer. For example i dont want them to change the computer setting and restrict their access control as you said and i want to share files between each other in LAN network.

hope u'll understand..

thank you... :)
Blocked Profile
Oct 16, 2013 at 04:39 PM
Ok...thank you for your response.

So unless you have a domain controller, this is going to be a task and a half, and you need an extensive spreadsheet of workstations, users and rights.

Are all of the workstations named something different, and can "user annie" log into any machine at any time? Or does "user annie" always use workstation 5?

Hang in there.....

Do you have any question from what you have read about network admin?

//ark
-Contributor
Blocked Profile
Oct 16, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Good Afternoon.

So what OS are you using? Are you looking for a remote desktop application? Or access control for browsing?

File sharing is inherent in the OS, if you administer it correctly. There is no EASY fix for what you are attempting to do. Turn on remote desktop is the easiest, and it requires no additional software.

Please post back with answers.
potharhtoo Posts 7 Registration date Saturday September 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2013 1
Oct 17, 2013 at 09:25 AM
hello,
thanks for ur reply..

yes. All of the workstations will named in different and any user can log in to any workstation at anytime. But they must have use it under the restriction of Admin computer.

by the way , am i too greedy ? :) :P

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Well Considering you are asking for a whole network configuration, and the configuration of the remote desktop clent and hosts, I wil say that you will have to start reading about network administration and ask any questions of anything you do not understand.

Once you have all of your rights nailed down on each pc, then implement the remote desktop connection if you must have remote accesss from the "main" pc into the "subs".

Start by making x number of user accounts on each machine.....whew lots duplicated work. Have you ever heard of a domain controller?

//ark
-Contributor