No video output or frozen garbled image after "welcome" screen

Closed
BlazinBernie Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2013 - Oct 30, 2013 at 04:06 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 31, 2013 at 01:48 PM
After I log in to windows, it either doesn't output an image at all, or it severely discolors the image. After it does this, I've pressed the power button once, but it doesn't shut down, so it freezes my computer as well. It boots up fine in safe mode, so it's not a hardware issue.
First, I checked if I had a virus, and ran Malwarebytes, but it didn't find anything.
Having installed new drivers the morning before this incident, I tried rolling back the drivers. When that didn't help, I did a clean reinstall of my graphics card, by uninstalling the card via device manager. While this helped me boot normally, I had to reboot my computer after windows automatically downloaded the generic drivers for my card, and I was greeted by my monitor's "No Video Input" message after window's Welcome screen.
I've tried just about every combination of driver uninstalls, safe mode and regular boots, and driver installs. Nothing seems to have any effect, and I'm getting agitated.
I have a GeForce 9800 GT, and Windows 7 64 bit.

I have no idea what to do, and my PC is pretty much my life. Can somebody please help me out on this?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 31, 2013 at 01:48 PM
I would guess that the video card has a hardware issue and can only work with the generic VGA driver. I suggest you look into replacing the video card.

Good Luck