LENOVA Y550P SCREEN BLACKED OUT

Closed
messrupr54 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2013 - Dec 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM
 messrupr54 - Jan 17, 2014 at 09:37 AM
I HAVE A LENOVA Y550P LAPTOP THAT WAS WORKING FINE & EVERYTHING TURNS ON BUT NO IMAGES WHATSOEVER ON THE SCREEN???

NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED & SOMEONE TOLD ME I NEEDED TO CHANGE OUT THE MOTHERBOARD. THOSE ARE ALMOST $400 & BEFORE I DO THAT I WAS HOPING MAYBE SOMEONE HAD OTHER ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO BEFORE DROPPING 4 BILLS ON A 4 YEAR OLD LAPTOP BUT AN EXPENSIVE ONE WHEN I BOUGHT IT :-(

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP/INFORMATION.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 27, 2013 at 04:46 PM
Hi

Next time do not write in capital letters, it's equivalent to shouting and is considered agressive and offensive.

Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds

3. Replug and start.

Good luck
Hello, I apologize if the caps offended you or anyone out there. I use caps basically to make it easier to read, never ever thought about typing that way would be offensive or seem as if yelling. Sorry :-(.
The Laptops motherboard had a built in video card from what I understood by 2 Tech's that finally looked at it. The cost of a New MB was almost $400 which I thought was to much for a LT almost 4 years old. I also could have gotten a used one with only a 45 day warranty which had a cost of almost $275 which was just not worth it to me. I did sell it for Parts & had the HD wiped 1st of anything that was on it.
Appreciate the Help-Info you sent earlier though & will keep in mind the Caps info next time I ask a question ;-)
Thanks again