Selective blocking by my PC

Closed
Shmacka Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2014 - Jan 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM
The crux of the problem is that my Internet seems to be blocked to certain sites/programs. I have no idea why or how and cannot figure out how they were selected.

For example: uTorrent will work and dl torrents, Steam can connect to the server, however League of Legends will not let me login.

Chrome, Firefox and IE (shudder), will allow me to visit my most familiar/regular sites, but ones such as eBay, First Row Sports, Fantasy Premier League etc. won't load and I get " Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to fantasy.premierleague.com

Try reloading: fantasy.­premierleague.­com".

I've added rules on the incoming and outgoing sections of my firewall, i've added the sites to trusted sites in internet options, i've now uninstalled avast to see if that was impacting on it and i'm still getting nowhere.

I do have Advanced System Care on. That's my next target.

It literally went from working today, I then disconnected my tower, vaccuumed and put it back together and a few hours later it's not working. I played a game of League of Legends this afternoon after vaccuuming and it was fine.

If you have any idea, please let me know.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I would try removing all "browser Helper" programs and see if that fixes things. I suspect some malware has infected your tools bars. IE has a special mode that starts it without and add-ons.

Good Luck