Lost internet connection after windows xp pro sp3 installation

Closed
ToMROLLY Posts 30 Registration date Monday January 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2016 - Jan 6, 2014 at 10:13 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 6, 2014 at 05:06 PM
hi evryone
I sure do hope someone can help me with my problem
ho here we go.
I have aToshiba Satellite a105 laptop which had windows xp MCE sp3.Until recently it was working fine.Then windows developped a problem and no matter what I tried I could not get it to boot.So finally I gave up and upgraded to windows xp pro sp3 which in appearance is working.However a problem develpped,I lost my internet connection no matter what I have attempted I just cant connect to the internet.Note that I have a pc that is connected thru a route and is working fine.So My laptop shares this connection.I made sure both computers have the same workgroup name.But that did not help.When I check the other devices I prompts me with 8 items witha yellow sign.Here are these items
ethernet controller
mass storage controller
modem device on high definition audio buss
Network controller
video controller Video controller (VGA compatible)
sm bus controller
video controller
Isure hope I can get some help
thanks very much
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jan 6, 2014 at 05:06 PM
This is what happens when you install an Operating System that was designed before the hardware was developed. The Windows XP CD does not contain the hardware drivers you need. I suggest you use another computer to download the drivers from Toshiba. Burn them to a CD and use the CD to install the drivers on the Toshiba.

Good Luck