Aspire 6920 screen problems

Closed
Adcol4 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2014 - Feb 1, 2014 at 07:09 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 1, 2014 at 07:25 PM
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help. I broke the screen on my aspire 6920 and tried to get it replaced. The screen was cracked but still lit up so sent it to a company who couldn't fix it and gave it back. I bought a screen for 100 and had it fitted but
It never hi lighted up. You can see the things on the screen if you put a torch to it
But it's not lighting up. The
Company who I gave it to the second time said it may be the inverter so I got one of them off eBay but that didn't solve the problem. The laptop seems to be working fine other than that but I can only get it
Working by plugging a monitor in, when you press some buttons sometimes it flickers on but never stays but when it doesn't flicker it looks ok.inwould love to fix it coz I'm lost without it
So has anybody got any ideas as to what the problem is please .

Thanks for your time. Adcol4
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 1, 2014 at 07:25 PM
Unless the back light was broken in the replacement screen I too suspect the inverter.

I had a used laptop that had a replacement screen. I went to a repair shop that specialized in screen replacement. They tried a number of inverters until they found one that produced a bright screen. The moral is - not all replacement screens are compatible.

Good luck