Laptop boots up but screen stays black

Closed
lilmissprincess Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday 19 February 2014 Status Member Last seen 19 February 2014 - 19 Feb 2014 à 13:40
xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 - 20 Feb 2014 à 18:05
I have a toshiba satellite c855-28u, I have tried so many methods to fix it and It still does not come on, the lights and fan are on but the screen stays black any ideas?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
20 Feb 2014 à 18:05
Have you tried to connect an external monitor. this step might confirm you thought that is computer is operating. Unfortunately a blank screen is probably the most frequent laptop problem we see. There are numerous problem areas that can cause this symptom. Most fixes are beyond what the average home user can do themselves. For this reason I suggest you find a good local repair shop and have them give you an estimate of the repair cost.

Good Luck