Restore back the space of transcend pendrive

Closed
SANTRO - Mar 29, 2014 at 02:21 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 29, 2014 at 06:23 AM
Hello,
Of late my transcend 8GB pendrive had been in a "write protection" mode. And when i have removed this mode by following the following steps:
1. Plunge the drive or memory card to a computer. (Of course, you should use a card Reader to connect your memory card.)

2. Click "Start" on the taskbar to open "Run" and type in "regedit".

3. Hit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" to expand "System".

4. Find "Current Control Set" in "System" list to click "Control".

5. Check whether there is a key named "Storage Device Policies" to change the digit in the "DWORD value" box into "0? and press "OK".

But, if you cannot find the key named "Storage Device Policies", you are supposed to create a one: right click "Control" to create a new key and name it as "Storage Device Policies"=> right click this new key to highlight "DWORD Value" and name it as "write protect"=> Double click this "write protect" box to change the number.

, from that time my pendrive shows 11.8GB space!!!
But now i want to restore back my transcend pendrive into its original space i.e. 8GB.
What should I do?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 29, 2014 at 06:23 AM
Hi

You now have 11.8Gb and you wish to reduce it to 8Gb? Please explain.