Compare three columns contain same characters

Solved/Closed
sspenguin Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2014 - Apr 11, 2014 at 05:20 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 11, 2014 at 08:44 PM
I have three columns of form security access in an application for different classes. The security characters may be in any order. I need to compare the values on each line for all three columns returning true if all three contain the same characters in any order. If one or more is missing in one or more of the the columns, return the missing character or characters that don't appear is all columns.

A B C Results
INP INP+- INP+- +-
All All All TRUE
+-INP INP+- INP+- TRUE
INP CINP+- INP+- C+-
+-INP LINP+- INP+- L
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 11, 2014 at 07:03 PM
sounds like school work and we don't do the work for you.

Sorry
Blocked Profile
Apr 11, 2014 at 07:25 PM
Good eye, but you took my line!

Stll got it, xpc!
sspenguin Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 at 07:28 PM
If you have worked with Lawson ERP you would have recognized this as a legitimate work related question.

Good bye.
Blocked Profile
Apr 11, 2014 at 08:02 PM
@ sspenguin...And that software company is who? Behind SAP....ORACLE...hmm, maybe platforms?!?!?

So, in other words, you have tried to complete a task that is not intended for you, and either of two situations apply:
1. You have sold a solution to your boss, but are unable to fulfill it, saving him thousands of dollars in PS(pro services)!
2. The report needs to be formatted in a different manner in which can be easily dealt with.

Who is the report maker? Do you communicate with the one that wishes to have the report formatted like this? What are you stuck with? What have you come up with so far?

BTW, I just applied for a job there, while I was waiting for your response....it has nice online form, made it real easy! I have no problem traveling to different locations to SUCCESSFULLY DEPLOY software solutions!
Blocked Profile
Apr 11, 2014 at 08:44 PM
Isn't Free GREAT!